Creating a paperless NHS
PatientSource – an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) designed and used by clinicians
PatientSource solves two key problems for hospitals:
- One in ten patients come to harm in hospitals due to missing information, lost paper notes and medication prescription errors
- Doctors, nurses and other frontline staff waste 15 per cent of their time in duplicating information, finding paper notes, deciphering handwriting, and amending errors due to missing information
PatientSource is a highly-secure cloud-based electronic medical records system for hospitals, designed and developed by clinicians so that it is highly intuitive and easy to use.
– Jeremy Cummin, Health IT expert
PatientSource runs via the web browser so works on all existing hospital computers. It is tablet-friendly so can be taken right up to the patient’s bedside.
PatientSource is the electronic medical platform driving the Ambulatory Care Unit at James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, ensuring that patient records are always available despite high patient turnover, and that physicians get the blood results the second they are ready.
It will solve so many problems… I think it will really cut down on drug errors.
– Staff Nurse
This is a much more user-friendly equivalent to Epic.
– Consultant Respiratory Physician
This is perfect. Our consultants are going to love it!
– Acute Services Manager, NHS
Why isn’t this in every trust across the country?
– Acute Medicine Specialty Registrar doctor